images
 flag  United States of America flag
sub icon

Kids fall ill after eating ice-cream in Bihar

Patna, India:  As many as 40 children fell ill on Saturday after eating ice-cream in a village in Bihar's Supaul district, officials said. Around half a dozen were admitted to hospital as their condition worsened while the others were discharged after initial treatment.

The incident took place at Vishnupur village under Pipra police station in Supaul, said district health official Mukesh Kumar, a district health official said.

According to police officials, the children, mostly minors, complained of stomach pains and started vomiting after eating ice-cream.

The sick were taken to a primary health centre and discharged after initial treatment, except half a dozen who were admitted to Sadar hospital for treatment after their condition deteriorated, Kumar said.

"It is a clear case of food poisoning," he said.

Last month, eight children fell ill after eating ice-cream in a village in Saran district.

Last in July, 23 children lost their lives after consuming a mid-day meal cooked in contaminated oil at the government primary school in Dharmasati Gandawan village of Saran district.(IANS)



No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code
 
   
@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)